Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Random Extension

Hello!

Welcome to my blog, Eco-Logical Adventures! The creation of this blog was all at once a little random but also still seems part of a naturally occurring chapter in my quest to become Eco-Logical. This is technically my second blog-creation as my first blog, Green Fork, was made for the organization that I work for. I have really enjoyed creating and writing for Green Fork, but due the nature of the organization Green Fork represents, I find myself wanting to say more. I work for the Utah Society for Environmental Education (USEE) which is strictly a non-advocacy non-profit organization. Though Green Fork does not directly represent USEE, I still don't feel at liberty to quite express myself on all subjects in the manner in which I would like.

So here it goes, a new way to reach the world. To say what I think is important and to get my messages out there. So why should you read my blog? Well, as times are a changin', environmental awareness is coming together with the public at large in ways it never has been able to before. This blog is a quest in environmental literacy, and I am anticipating to learn as much from you as I hope you may learn from me.

And who am I? I am a recent college graduate from the University of Utah. I received my degree in Environmental Studies in May of 2008, and I am ready to take on the world...one blog post at a time, of course. ;-) I am the product of four parents (my mother and step-father, and my dad and step-mom). I also have two younger half-sisters that live with my dad in Tennessee, and one other younger sister, whom I am very close with. I can usually be found spending my leisure time hiking, bike-riding, reading, or rock-climbing. I enjoy cooking and spending time with my family and friends as well.

My interests also include environmental education, issues of sustainability, food choices, climate change, environmental literacy, ecology, alternative energy, environmental awareness, gardening, and basically anything else dealing with the 'green movement.' This is life-long learning that I am talking about here. With this blog I am hoping to provide a space for respectful discussion where topics include the impacts that our everyday choices have on our own individual health and the greater world around us, using my own life stories as a platform. It is the choices that we make every day and the culmination of these decisions that interest me the most. So please, join me on this journey of ongoing Eco-Logical literacy.

No comments: