Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Little Ute Pride

Many of you readers know that I was in the University of Utah marching band. I was in it for 4 years and went on some amazing trips. I got to go to the Fiesta Bowl when the Utes were the first "BCS Busters," went to three more bowl games after that, and went on countless trips in between for both the football team and the men's and women's basketball teams. I also met a lot of amazing people and made some of the best friends I will ever have...It also paid for a lot of school. :)

This year proved to be another great year for the Utes with the Sugar Bowl and then soon after that the Ute Marching Band was invited to play in President Obama's Inauguration parade. The Marching Utes were the last band on the route, and though it would have been a wonderful opportunity to be there, I really enjoyed watching my friends be part of the pomp and circumstance of that day.




Oh, and lest we forget, way to go UTES in beating "the school down south" in overtime last night. GO UTES!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Thanks for posting the video - I hadn't seen any footage of their spot in the parade. Awesome!!!

J.Whiting said...

Woot! Great minds think alike! It was fun seeing you yesterday! We'll have to get together again soon!